Sunday, January 7, 2007

It was a great game!

Dave and I during the game! Yes, I look like I'm going skiing!
The Cowboys coming onto the field - see the other Cowboy jersey to the left?
Yes, the Cowboys were winning at half-time...and throughout most the game!
Dave said that it was a once and a lifetime opportunity, so we asked Ammy & Papa to care for the boys, bought the tickets and headed north for the Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawk playoff game yesterday. Dave hadn't seen the Cowboys live before and has been a fan his whole life. I went to a couple of Cowboys games in the 90's when I lived in Phoenix and consider myself a loyal fan of almost 14 years. Dave and I had a great time, getting there early enough to have "Linner" at Red Robin and to the Qwest Field in time to meet up with some other Cowboy friends before the game (they brought their 11 month old!).

The game was filled with lots of excitement, as you probably saw on TV. But, it was much better in person and was a lot of fun to people watch too. Dave and I weren't decked out in Cowboy attire, but it was probably for the best...although those around us soon knew who we were rooting for. We had enough Cowboy company around us to keep it safe.

I left wondering what the Seattle Seahawk's colors really are. I've never seen so much "Grinch" green before and didn't even know that was part of the color scheme. So, are they navy, grayish blue, white, green, light blue?? Saw it all. Even their "Sea Gals" didn't have the same colored navy skirt (maybe some were newer than others??)...

I also think grown men are crazy in many ways. This game brings out the best and worse in them. I told Dave last night that I had never seen so many grown men hug each other before. Our neighbor even came over today to give Dave a hug (not a Cowboy's fan) and it proved me right.

Austin wanted to go to the game, but we agreed that it was best he didn't this time around for many reasons. When we were walking to our car last night, we agreed the top reason would be for the new vocabulary that he would have learned...which would get him expelled from Preschool.

Well, we're Dallas Cowboy fans forever and can't wait to see them play again...maybe next time on their turf. Yeah, that's what we'll do.

No comments: