Friday, January 19, 2007

3 in 35

Yes, 3 in 35...that is that Austin has had 3 days of school (a day is only 3 hours too) in the last 35 days. Between the holiday break, which was long and great...the last 4 days of school have been canceled due to the weather. By yesterday afternoon I had canceled Austin's play date for this afternoon due to his behavior and he got in trouble at karate lessons too. Not sure who was in a worse mood - him or me...or Dave when he got home.

I was certain that he would be back to school today, which was pajama day, but while we were getting ready at 7:45 the phone rang with the news. Apparently the driveway at school was still too icy, therefore pajama day and school were called off. I had plans...Caden had a doctor's appointment. What to do? Well I canceled the doctor's appointment (just a check up) and asked Zack (their cousin) to come along with us to the Community Center to play for a couple of hours. Best money spent in the long time and everyone seems to be a in happier, better mood today.

Now we're meeting Dave at his work this afternoon so he can take the boys, while I venture across town to meet up with my best friend of 20 years and her friend for some shopping and dinner. Can't wait and I feel I've earned it!

No comments: