Wednesday, May 14, 2008

sprayed and scratched...

The last couple of days have brought some interesting situations.

First, on Saturday when we were rearranging our garage, the neighbor girl was stocking riding by several times when I heard her say something to me. "What?" I thought, did she just say that Austin peed on the neighbors driveway. Oh no - he did not pee, but had made a 6 inch circle of red spray paint on their driveway. If you know our neighbors, they are the BEST...but the Dad is a bit particular about the outside of their house and this was NOT a good thing. Long story short, the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser saved the day, along with a lot of scrubbing and some gasoline. Just a hint of pink is left. As part of Austin's punishment and lesson, he had to tell our neighbors (who already knew) and was worried about making the Dad grumpy. It turned out okay though.

Secondly, today I went to drop off Austin's paperwork at his new school for Kindergarten and when I came out a couple minutes (literally) later, we were blocked in by a bus. So, I thought I could maneuver our way out - but didn't succeed. I put the car back in the spot, decided to walk home (we are close) to put our $16 of meat that we just bought in the fridge. As we walked back, we were greeted by the owner of the car next to me, as apparently I scratched her car and the bus driver had witnessed it. I'm feeling a bit "criminal" like now...they must have thought I was a hit and run kind of girl, with a (heavy) two year old in tow and a paper bag of meat. I gave the nice lady my information and had to go - as Austin needed to be picked up. Agg - sometimes bad things happen to good people. So, we'll wait and see what happens. I can only hope for a simple solution for the scratch, in a reasonable manner. Man, I just wanted to start off with this school on the right foot as we have many years there!! Never again am I going in that parking lot - no need to, as we are "walkers" and can park on the other side of the fence. Whew.

Anyway, a little too much drama for me. The sunshine is out though, so that makes me feel better. Nice and hot for the next couple of day - woo-hoo!!

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I'm sure it will be just fine. You'll get familiar with the bus schedules, and where to park when, etc.

Everyone does.

(Although I can't explain all the folks at my school - the crabby ones and the ones that race through the parking lot.)

Sometimes being a Mom at an elementary school feels a little like junior high...