Thursday, February 22, 2007

Annual Review

I won't be tardy like my former managers in giving an annual review. This week marks the one year anniversary of me saying good-bye to my corporate career to stay home with our boys full-time. A year ago today I cleaned out my desk and drove away from that village...and haven't been back since. I am sure they are spending a ton of money on wasteful things to "enhance" the property, and I don't have any desire to see any of it.

So, thought I would share with you my personal evaluation as a full-time stay at home Mom. Here we go...

OVERALL SCORE: Good

Responsible to keep boys clean, safe, cute and healthy: Good
The boys have only had a couple of illnesses and are well kept. Only one recent ER visit. Caden is clumsy by nature, but trying to keep him safe.

Responsible to keep house clean, etc.: Excellent
Done a great job cleaning up after the two little tornadoes named Austin and Caden. Doing a great job by keeping the laundry done, dusting, floor vacuumed, etc. Should probably not focus on this area so greatly in the next year.

Preparing meals: For boys: Excellent For family: Needs improvement
Doing a great job at making sure the boys get three meals a day with their bottomless drinks (and clean up after them), however lacks motivation to make dinner for family or prepare meals for the week.

Remain calm and cool in stressful situations: Good
For the most part the neighbors can't hear the screaming that comes from the house. Doing a good job playing referee between the two little crazies.

Entertainment: Excellent
Doing a great job making sure that the family is entertained. Good job planning vacations and frequent visits to the park, malls, play centers, karate and soccer makes for a fun time. Doing a good job making sure that toys have batteries in them, planning play dates for Austin and going outside anytime it is half way nice out. Good job!

Responsible to maintain budget: Needs improvement
Need I say more??

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Funny post - I don't think I would get a raise this year. Oh well.