Friday, February 2, 2007

Sweet Fever

Austin's fever is finally gone, after a couple of days. Actually, he hadn't had a fever since he was an infant. I didn't even know how to take his temperature, but after many hours of talking about it he let me put the thermometer under his "pit". Poor little guy, missing all week at school, karate, soccer and play date at Rion's. I was happy it wasn't a big holiday, special day at school, etc. So, it was pajama day for Austin for three days in a row. First Dash pajamas had only a cough, his Power Ranger pajamas brought on the fever and finally his Buzz Lightyear pajamas brought hope that he was getting better. Today he finally got dressed and was feeling pretty darn good except when he coughs (usually brought on from running, laughing or drinking milk).

I have to say this illness and fever brought on an extra little special love for the big guy. Recently he has been mouthy and disobedient at times, so it was refreshing to have a submissive, sweet little Austin for a couple of days...but I'm glad to have him back feeling better again.

No comments: