
I found a long lost love yesterday at Wal-Mart. While I was picking up some last minute Super Bowl goodies (for our big party…me, Dave, Austin and Caden) I browsed the fabric department. Instantly I saw some cute patterns that I was pretty sure I could tackle. Soon after, I found some fun material for only $2 a yard (and only needed a yard and a half for one blouse).
So I stayed up until 10:30 last night working on this cute summer blouse (not knowing I would be up with Caden most of the night with his fever - more to come about this). I forgot one thing about myself when I sew. I like to finish the project immediately (like I was going to wear this tank top style blouse today – not!). Well, I finished it this morning and it’s ready for summer!
I think Dave was a bit surprised that I created a shirt in a couple of hours. I haven’t sewn clothing for myself the whole time we’ve been together (going on eight years). It was fun to feel like I still had “it” after all these years. I have been sewing since the 7th grade – and that’s 20 years ago!
I’m looking forward to creating some more fun summer things for myself. It’s like a puzzle, putting the pieces together and ending up with a cute clothing item (most of the time).
Sew, that’s it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment