Monday, April 2, 2007

Austin

Is 2007 the year of the ear?

Austin came down with a slight cold on the 22nd of March. Just a regular little cold that didn't' keep him from doing anything. He seemed to be getting better until this weekend when he started complaining about his throat and ear hurting. He isn't much of a complainer at all, and hates to be kept from playing outside with his friends so will often say he is "fine" and feels "all better', even when he doesn't.

So, he looked a little under the weather this morning and still made a few complaints about his throat and ear (same ear every time I asked). I called this afternoon and took him into the doctor to find out that he has an ear infection and eye infection (it started to goo up around lunch time today). He wasn't lying after all!

The bad part of the story is that the doctor that we saw today forgot to enter in this information into the computer before they closed today (we left the office at 4:30 and they closed at 5:00). It wasn't after 5:00 that I realized that something was wrong and Fred Meyer still didn't have his prescription to fill. After talking to another nurse at the clinic open tonight, I was left the option to come to ANOTHER appointment, or wait until morning. Not a happy Mommy at his point. So, he is sleeping now and we hope he has a comfortable night of rest...and I'll get his medication in the morning and get him on the way to recovery to be able to enjoy the rest of Spring Break.

Wish us a restful night.

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Austin and Mommy,

I feel your medical angst. I often raise an angry fist myself. Get better soon.

OXOXO

Aunt Sissy