Last week I woke up and remembered something I hadn't had in a long time. A big pancake. Not just like any other pancake, but one that my Mom used to make for us when we were growing up! Really good! So, I thought I would share a picture of it, as well as the recipe. Really easy...the boys (especially Caden) like it!Preheat oven to 425 degrees and melt some butter in a frying pan (one that you can put in the oven).
Mix:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
dash of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
Pour over the melted butter in the frying pan and put in oven for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle powder sugar on top! Yummy and enjoy!
2 comments:
Hey that's our Friday breakfast treat! We've been having it for breakfast ever since we were married and I've carried on the tradition with the kids. (I even had to make a special day for these since the boys would eat them every day if I let them!) They are truly a kid-friendly breakfast that is eaten without any complaints.
In our house it's called a Dutch Baby and I make it in a pie pan. The butter/oil melts in the preheating oven while I mix the rest of the ingredients. I make mine a little bigger with 2/3 c milk and flour and 4 eggs. There's enough to feed everyone then!
But since we've made the total switch to whole wheat flour in our house, the Babies don't turn out like usual. Augie had to be convinced that they were the same thing... maybe I can hide a small stash of the white stuff for our special Friday treats...
Boo hoo.
I remember liking these puppies myself once upon an egg-allergy-free time.
They rock.
So, eat 'em up for me.
Post a Comment