I just went outside to get our mail, when I noticed a cute boy (probably around 11) in the middle of the street crying. His older friends or siblings were standing nearby just looking at him. I walked to the mailbox and asked if he was okay. He quickly got up and brushed away some tears and said he was. He walked next to the other two boys, still holding his hand and crying. I asked again and he said he was okay and assured me he didn't think anything was broken. One of the other boys thanked me for asking (wow!).
These three boys were so cute, clean and polite, in a time that many teenage boys are not. They were just being boys, skateboarding. I put my life into fast forward for a minute with Austin and Caden. I would hope someone would ask if they were okay, if one of them were crying in the street. Mostly I would hope they would be polite and thank someone for asking too.
I looked out the window after I got inside and they were gone. Hope they made it home safely.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor kid. Hope he was ok.
Post a Comment