Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Doctor, doctor, give me the news!

Yesterday I went to the doctors for a couple of reasons...

Reason #1 - my toes are aching...numb...hurts...for more than a year. Thought it should be checked out. Looks like I have neuroma, which is treatable. Going to see a podiatrist to have them looked out. Apparently my excitement of not having to wear shoes everyday, once I quit working wasn't that great of an idea. My "barefoot Mom" approach hasn't supported these size 11 tootsies, so now they hurt. Hopefully they will be better soon.

Reason #2 - Allergies - can I get a nose spray?? I know that we only have another month to go before the season is better, but it couldn't hurt to feel a little better until then. SCORE - got a sample of Veramyst, the one that they have been advertising that could help itching eyes too. Not sure how that would work, but I'm giving it a try. If I like it, I'll get some for both Austin and I next spring.

Most doctors aren't the most social, and this guy was no exception. I think he was annoyed with my several questions in one visit, but hey, isn't that what he is there for? Hmm...anyhow, the best was when he had some shoe inserts for me, and when he went to walk out he had them...I asked and he said that my foot was too big for what they had. Hey, thanks. Like I didn't know I had a big foot.

No comments: