For over 5 years now, I have ironed all little boy clothes as they come out of the dryer and before they are hung/folded. I've enjoyed having all their clothes in their closets and drawers ready at any time without wrinkles. A couple weeks ago, right after Austin's birthday, I was tired of the build up of ironing to do (as they still had plenty of clean clothes to wear, so I was procrastinating). So, for the first time I put their clothes away not ironed. I only did it once and decided that I would compromise with ironing their shirts (in smaller batches!) and just put away their pants (as they aren't usually as wrinkled). So far, so good. They don't look any different and it's saving me a little time and sanity.
Still ironing my own clothes daily, and not planning on throwing in the towel any time soon!
Call me crazy, that's okay.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's gotta feel good...
Iron? What's a freak'n iron?
Lori, I never iron any clothes I wear! Join the club! Love, Dad
We all have our things, mine are lists & organization. But ironing... oye!! I procrastinate to the point that I come back & they have outgrown what was sitting there waiting to be ironed. Have you tried hang drying out of the washer? I notice fewer wrinkles air drying...?
I have to say that it is a gene that I got from my Mom. My Dad says that he never irons, because that is true...because MY MOM irons everything for him. He is truly pampered. My boys are not old enough to iron their clothes and I don't iron Dave's - to set that straight!! :)
Post a Comment