Last May I purchased a crib tent, as Caden had decided during our vacation to California that he didn't want to stay in any bed...or any length of time. Since he wasn't even two years old, I decided this was the route to go...to continue napping...good sleep habits, etc. I remember Dave asking how much it cost and thinking that it didn't matter, if we still got naps and a full night of sleep. It wasn't a hit at first, but then he started to like it...asking to be zipped up before going to bed. A couple of weeks ago to our surprise he started to appear out of his room...out of his tent. It was a tight little zipper in a casing, so he kept amazing me when he got out. He was good to go back to bed - hasn't been much of a problem. So tonight while Austin was at Zack's house (that's another story) and Dave is having a guys poker night, I asked Caden to show me how he unzips it. It was fast and easy for the little guy. So...I took it down, took down the side of the crib too, to reveal a toddler bed for our little toddler. He was thrilled and now fast asleep. Wish us luck and lots of sleep in this new adventure - it was a tough one for Austin...but hopefully Caden will snooze right through it!
Here's CC fast asleep - even with a little pillow out of the toy room. Going to make him one to match his room tomorrow in the red gingham. :)
1 comment:
I bet he'll be fine, with a few hiccups along the way. (All kids tend to wander to their parents, sometimes.)
I caught the end of SuperNanny a few nights ago and she showed a method of returning the little guy to bed, saying a sweet 'good night darling' the first time, something less sweet the next time & after that, she said you don't say a word. They are trying to visit with you.
It seemed to work by the second night.
Food for thought.
Post a Comment