Austin is often like Dave with many traits (athletic abilities, etc.), however I can safely say he is my son too. My sister invited him to elementary school BINGO last Friday night with his big cousins, Zack - 6 and Lexi - 9 (almost 7 & 10). She extended the fun even more by asking him to stay the night at their house. They live only 3 miles away from us and he has been around them constantly since birth (she cared for him when he was an infant/toddler while I was still working). He was all excited and left our house around 6pm to play BINGO. Around 8:30 p.m. I received a call from Lisa stating that he was feeling home sick and sad, but they were going to try to work things out. Of course this was the one evening in eons that Dave went to play poker with the guys. I told her to let me know soon if I needed to come get him, as Caden was still awake (well, tools were all over the place as I was disassembling his crib to make it into a toddler bed). Long story short, I picked him up and all was well and he feel asleep on the couch shortly after getting home. Saturday morning the first thing he said to me was, "I know how I can cheer Lexi and Zack up - they can sleep at my house tonight". Yep, that is how the story ended...they came over Saturday night for pizza, Wii playing and a slumber party for the four cousins. Fun, fun.
L to R: Caden (sleeping), Austin, Zack & Alexis (front)
That rambling paragraph didn't explain how he is my son though. Well, I clearly remember the first time I went to spend the night somewhere other than my grandparent's house (Austin does fine at Ammy & Papa's house). I was around 5 years old and it was at Elizabeth Winkler's little red house. We watched Wizard of Oz and had a fun time. But...I wanted to go home too...and I did. I was a home body for the most part and didn't enjoy summer camps either when I was growing up (where's my Mommy??). I'm okay with him wanting to be home and with me anyhow, as he is growing up so fast!
1 comment:
I still hoping he will come around. I want to have them stay with us sometimes, if we move away.
We're patient.
Someday.
Post a Comment