Friday, December 29, 2006

What a difference!

I have to say, I'm proud of Austin and all the maturing that he has done over the last 6 months. Yesterday he went to a play date...first time all by himself. The first time he was invited over to Rion's house, Caden and I ended up staying with him. Not sure if he needed me...or if I just wanted to make sure he was okay. We were just going to stay for a little bit, but ended up staying the whole time, enjoying our visit. Rion came over last week to our house and we had a great time, and he invited Austin over yesterday. I dropped him off at 11am and was asked to come back around 1pm - enough time for me to have a little trip to the mall by myself! Just as I was getting close to picking him up, Dave called and said that Rion's Mom called and they were playing so well together, we could call back at 2:30. Austin ended up staying until 3:30pm, having the time of his life.

I think the words Austin said when I got there was, "go away, I'm playing at my friend's house". Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but at least he wasn't crying for me. This is the same boy that 6 months ago couldn't go to the neighbors house without running home crying. He is now much more adjusted, having fun with his friends, staying the night at Ammy and Papa's house, staying in his bed all night...doing all the fun and good things a four year old should. Dave and I are so proud of our big boy, and enjoying this new independence too!

No comments: