Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I mentioned to Austin yesterday that we should go to the shoe store soon. On the way to school, we went by the community center to sign up for swimming lessons and the bank. He asked at 12:25 if we were on our way to the shoe store. Since school started at 12:30, I explained to him that we didn't have time before school. He asked if he could go later...so I agreed and said we could go in the evening. One of the first questions he asked after being picked up was when we could go to the shoe store...again. So, last night Austin and I went and he picked out the awesome Spider-Man 3 shoes shown above. The coolest part about this story is that he bought them with birthday money and was so proud of himself. He was thrilled that he gave one $20 bill, and received back more money (a couple dollars...but more than one bill!!). I offered to buy him another pair of Lightening McQueen shoes that were super cheap, but he politely said "no thank you", he was just interested in the cool Spider-Man shoes. Not greedy at all...and very polite in his manners and behavior. Being 5 years old is very cool - to both of us.

No comments: